Cycle marking events
Security mark your bike free of charge
The MPS Cycle Task Force regularly set up engagement stalls offering advice as well as free security marking and registration onto BikeRegister’s online database.
Registering your bike helps police and retailers identify and verify the legitimate owner of bikes that have been stolen or are being resold.
"marking your bike deters potential thieves as your bike can be easily traced if it is stolen"
Security marking your bike deters potential thieves as your bike can be easily traced if it is stolen.
Come along to any of our marking events below:
- 29th July 2014 - 7.30-10.30am - 1 Nine Elms Lane, Vauxhall
- 30th July 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Naval Row, E14, Cycle Superhighway CS3
- 30th July 2014 - 5.30-7.30pm - Windrush Square, Brixton
- 2nd August 2014 - 1-4pm - Hackney Downs Park E5 8NP
- 3rd August 2014 - 3-6pm - London Corinthian Sailing Club, Linden House, Upper Mall, Hammersmith, London W6 9TA
- 14th August 2014 - 8-10am - O\S Kentish Town Station, Kentish Town Road NW5
Please visit your local Safer Transport Team website, found in 'related links' on the right hand side, for details of local cycle marking events.