Cycle marking events
Security mark your bike free of charge
The MPS Cycle Task Force regularly set up engagement stalls offering advice as well as free security marking and registration onto BikeRegister’s online database.
Registering your bike helps police and retailers identify and verify the legitimate owner of bikes that have been stolen or are being resold.
"marking your bike deters potential thieves as your bike can be easily traced if it is stolen"
Security marking your bike deters potential thieves as your bike can be easily traced if it is stolen.
Come along to any of our marking events below:
- 15th July 2014 - 4-6.30pm - New King's Rd, Eel Brook Common Southside, by junction Wandsworth Bridge Rd, SW6
- 16th July 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - High Street Colliers Wood, Nr to Wandle Park entrance
- 16th July 2014 - 10.30-2pm - Twickenham Rail station, London Road, TW1
- 16th July 2014 - 5.30-7.30pm - Waterloo opposite IMAX Clerk Building of Kings College London
- 20th July 2014 - 12-2pm - Sun Gate in Battersea Park (corner of Prince of Wales Drive and Albert Bridge Road)
- 23rd July 2014 - 5.30-7.30pm - Kennington Triangle, opposite Oval underground station, SE11
- 29th July 2014 - 7.30-10.30am - 1 Nine Elms Lane, Vauxhall
- 30th July 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Naval Row, E14, Cycle Superhighway CS3
- 30th July 2014 - 5.30-7.30pm - Windrush Square, Brixton
- 3rd August 2014 - 3-6pm - London Corinthian Sailing Club, Linden House, Upper Mall, Hammersmith, London W6 9TA
- 14th August 2014 - 8-10am - O\S Kentish Town Station, Kentish Town Road NW5
Please visit your local Safer Transport Team website, found in 'related links' on the right hand side, for details of local cycle marking events.