Exchanging Places Events
The Cycle Task Force also set up ‘Exchanging Places’ events to raise awareness of cycle safety.
These events allow people to sit in the driver's seat of a HGV or bus to get a better understanding of what the driver can and can’t see, especially in regards to cyclists on the nearside and directly in front of the vehicle.
Exchanging Places video
A YouTube video has been launched, which features an experienced lorry driver and a regular cyclist who exchange places and discuss their thoughts. It also offers guidance and clearly demonstrates correct cycling, driving and pedestrian behaviour to ensure safer journeys and avoid collisions.
To watch the video, see 'Related Links' in the right hand navigation.
Come along to any of the exchanging places events below. Bike marking will also be offered at the following events:
- 5th August 2014 - 4-6.30pm - Pedestrian end of London Road, Mitcham, CR4
- 9th August 2014 - 9am-7pm - Green Park Festival Zone, Ride London
- 10th August 2014 - 9am-7pm - Green Park Festival Zone, Ride London
- 21st August 2014 - 4-6.30pm - Earls Court, opposite Old Brompton Underground Station
- 27th August 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Wimbledon Train Station, The Broadway, London, SW19 7NL
- 28th August 2014 - 11am-2pm - Greenwich Peninsula, Phoenix Avenue SE10 0ER
- 9th September 2014 - 4-6.30pm - East side, Shepherds Bush Green W12
- 9th October 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Beadon Rd W6
For more information about Exchanging Places, please email the Cycle Task Force.