Exchanging Places Events
We also set up ‘Exchanging Places’ events to raise awareness of cycle safety.
These events allow people to sit in the driver's seat of a HGV or bus to get a better understanding of what the driver can and can’t see, especially in regards to cyclists on the nearside and directly in front of the vehicle.
Exchanging Places video
A YouTube video has been launched, which features an experienced lorry driver and a regular cyclist who exchange places and discuss their thoughts. It also offers guidance and clearly demonstrates correct cycling, driving and pedestrian behaviour to ensure safer journeys and avoid collisions.
To watch the video, see 'Related Links' in the right hand navigation.
Come along to any of the exchanging places events below. Bike marking will also be offered at the following events:
- 2nd November 2015 - 16:30 - 18:30 Grosvenor Road Junc with Calverton Street SW1V
- 3rd November 2015 - 07:30 - 09:30 Deans Yard Westminster Abbey SW1P
- 4th November 2015 - 15:30 - 18:00 Shepherds Bush Green W12
- 6th November 2015 - 07:30 - 09:30 John Lewis HQ 1 Carlisle Place SW1P
- 11th November 2015 - 16:30 - 19:00 Wellington Street opposite Lyceum Theatre WC2E
- 12th November 2015 - 07:30 - 09:30 Lincolns Fields junc with Newman's Row WC2A
- 13th November 2015 - 07:30 - 09:30 Tate Britain Mill Bank SW1P
- 20th November 2015 - 12:00 - 14:00 Sheffield Street WC2A
- 23rd November 2015 - 07:30 - 12:00 Horse Guards Parade SW1A
- 24th November 2015 - 07:30 - 09:30 Islington Green N1
- 27th November 2015 - 07:30 -10:00 Old Street Roundabout EC1Y
- 30th November 2015 - 07:30 - 10:00 Victoria & Albert Museum Exhibition Road SW6
For more information about Exchanging Places, please email the Cycle Safety Team.