Exchanging Places Events
We also set up ‘Exchanging Places’ events to raise awareness of cycle safety.
These events allow people to sit in the driver's seat of a HGV or bus to get a better understanding of what the driver can and can’t see, especially in regards to cyclists on the nearside and directly in front of the vehicle.
Exchanging Places video
A YouTube video has been launched, which features an experienced lorry driver and a regular cyclist who exchange places and discuss their thoughts. It also offers guidance and clearly demonstrates correct cycling, driving and pedestrian behaviour to ensure safer journeys and avoid collisions.
To watch the video, see 'Related Links' in the right hand navigation.
Come along to any of the exchanging places events below. Bike marking will also be offered at the following events:
- 15th December 2014 - 4-6.30pm - Ontario Street, London SE1 (Cycle Superhighway 7)
- 31st December 2014 - 08.30-10.30am - Royal Brompton Hospital Car Park, SW3
- 15th January 2015 - 7.30-10am - BBC, Wood Lane, W12 7BF
- 16th January 2015 - 7.30-10am - St Barts Hospital, Giltspur Street EC1A
- 20th January 2015 - 7.30-10am - Finsbury Circus, Liverpool Street EC2M
For more information about Exchanging Places, please email the Cycle Safety Team.