Exchanging Places Events
The Cycle Task Force also set up ‘Exchanging Places’ events to raise awareness of cycle safety.
These events allow people to sit in the driver's seat of a HGV or bus to get a better understanding of what the driver can and can’t see, especially in regards to cyclists on the nearside and directly in front of the vehicle.
Exchanging Places video
A YouTube video has been launched, which features an experienced lorry driver and a regular cyclist who exchange places and discuss their thoughts. It also offers guidance and clearly demonstrates correct cycling, driving and pedestrian behaviour to ensure safer journeys and avoid collisions.
To watch the video, see 'Related Links' in the right hand navigation.
Come along to any of the exchanging places events below. Bike marking will also be offered at the following events:
- 8th October 2014 - 4-7pm - 207-211 Old Street, EC1V 9NR
- 14th October 2014 - 7.30 - 10am - 1 North End, East Croydon CR0 1TY
- 15th October 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Woodberry Downs, Manor Park
- 16th October 2014 - 9am - 12.30pm - Cartwright Gardens, junction with Marbledon Place, Holborn
- 20th October 2014 - 7.30 - 9.30am - 25 Coombe Lane, SW20 0BS
- 22nd October 2014 - 7.30-10am - High Street Kensington, junction with Earls Court Road
- 22nd October 2014 - 4-7pm - Beadon Rd W6
- 23rd October 2014 - 4.30-7pm - Fulham Road opposite junction with St Marks Grove, SW10 9UZ
- 27th October 2014 - 7.30-10am - Wyvil Primary School car park, South Lambeth Road, SW8
- 29th October 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Exhibition Road, outside Natural History Museum, SW7
- 5th November 2014 - 7.30-9.30am - Bonner Bridge, Victoria Park, E3
For more information about Exchanging Places, please email the Cycle Task Force.