Exchanging Places Events
The Cycle Task Force also set up ‘Exchanging Places’ events to raise awareness of cycle safety.
These events allow people to sit in the driver's seat of a HGV or bus to get a better understanding of what the driver can and can’t see, especially in regards to cyclists on the nearside and directly in front of the vehicle.
Exchanging Places video
A YouTube video has been launched, which features an experienced lorry driver and a regular cyclist who exchange places and discuss their thoughts. It also offers guidance and clearly demonstrates correct cycling, driving and pedestrian behaviour to ensure safer journeys and avoid collisions.
To watch the video, see 'Related Links' in the right hand navigation.
Come along to any of the exchanging places events below. Bike marking will also be offered at the following events:
- 7th March 2014 - 7.30am-12pm - Marble Arch
- 20th March 2014 - 11am-2pm - O/S 55 Baker Street, W1
- 25th March 2014 - 7.30-10am - Wellington Arch
- 26th March 2014 - 7.30-10am - Cable St / Sutton St E1, Tower Hamlets
- 26th March 2014 - 3-7pm - Hackney Broadway
- 27th March 2014 - 7.30-10am - Proctor St / Red Lion Square area
- 27th March 2014 - 2-7pm - Anchor Retail Park, Mile End Rd, E1
For more information about Exchanging Places, please email the Cycle Task Force.