What we do
To reduce the harm caused by fraud and cyber criminals in London.
- Ensure all Action Fraud (AF) referrals to the MPS are effectively responded to by dedicated fraud / cyber investigators
- Provide excellent victim care and seek compensation for our victims wherever possible
- Significantly increase the numbers of arrests and charges relating to fraud and cyber crime
- Proactively target cyber criminals and fraudsters, focusing on stemming the harm caused by the most prolific Organised Crime Groups
- Work in partnership with businesses to improve our response to fraud and cyber crime affecting London's businesses
- Undertake targeted prevention work with industry partners that designs out crime, tackles the enablers of cyber crime & fraud and raises awareness within the public and businesses
The FALCON team consists of the following specialist units:
- Fraud Squad
- FALCON Crime Prevention & Problem Solving Teams (incorporating Op Sterling, Amberhill, the Arts & Antiques Unit and Gaming Unit)
- Metropolitan Police Cyber Crime Unit
- FALCON Volume Crime hubs - local teams investigating acquisitive cyber crime and fraud across London
- FALCON Task force - supporting proactive operations against cyber criminals and fraudsters
Our efforts are focused on acquisitive crime, and we will not routinely deal with cyber-bullying or harassment.
To report a fraud or cyber crime please see the related link on this page