Shot Gun Applications
Print off the blank application form and complete. Please note that it cannot be saved on your computer if you are only using Adobe Reader.
We aim to complete all applications within eight weeks from receipt of the correctly completed application forms. However this timescale can sometimes be exceeded due to extenuating circumstances.
Please note; if we do not receive your correctly completed renewal application forms at least eight weeks prior to your expiry date, we cannot guarantee that your certificate will be renewed prior to expiry.
- Grant £50
- Renewal £40
- 'Co-term' - if you are renewing your Shot Gun Certificate at the same time as your Firearm Certificate, so that they both have the same expiry date, the fee is £10 + the full Grant or Renewal fee for the Firearm Certificate. Both forms must be completed.
Applications will no longer be accepted at police stations within the Metropolitan Police Area. Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to: Mayors Office for Policing and Crime (cash will not be accepted).
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included everything we need to process your application efficiently:
- Your personal details are completed
- Convictions (if any) entered
- GP details completed and signed. Must be a UK GP, non UK GP’s will not be accepted
- Security section fully completed
- Does counter signatory meet required status (see form). Must be UK resident
- Has your counter signatory known you for at least two years?
- Photographs - 4 must be passport style and size. One signed by you, and one by your counter signatory.
- Photographs (for coterminous applications) - 8 passport size and quality - to be endorsed as per shotgun and firearm applications
- Cheques or postal orders for correct fee included and made payable to The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime
- If you are applying for a coterminous application, have you completed both a shotgun and firearm application with all details shown?
- Remember - scanned photographs are not acceptable
- Any incomplete applications will be returned and not processed until correctly completed.
Find your local Met borough and Safer Neighbourhoods team to see what is happening in your area.