Royalty and Specialist Protection
The Royalty and Specialist Protection (RaSP) was formed in April 2015, with the merger of the Royalty Protection Command (SO14) and the Specialist Protection Command (SO1)
RaSP is responsible for the following:
- Personal protection for the Royal Family, both nationally and internationally
- Personal protection for the Prime Minister, certain government ministers, certain ambassadors and high profile persons and for visiting Royalty/dignitaries.
- Protection of others where is in the national interest to do so, where intelligence suggests it is necessary, and for persons who have been identified by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures.
- Protecting Royal residences in London, Windsor and Scotland
- Protecting members of the public who visit Royal residences
- Special Escort Group mobile protection for protected persons, high risk prisoners and high value property
- Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (FTAC) is responsible for assessment and intervention in relation to people fixated on protected persons and sites
Who we are and what we do
RaSP is responsible for the protection of the Royal Family and for high profile public figures such as members of government and visiting Royalty and dignitaries. They provide protection for anyone considered to be at risk, where intelligence suggests it is necessary and those who have been identified as needing protection by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures. To provide round the clock residential security at Royal residences protecting members of the Royal family and visitors.
Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection
The Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection provides protection for foreign missions in London and the parliamentary estate.