General enquiries, thanks and complaints
The Met is proud to deliver quality policing; for us there’s no greater priority. Your views are very important to us. We understand that if we’re going to learn from experience and find ways to be even better, we need to listen and respond to the needs and views of Londoners.
Please don’t use these forms in an emergency. If you need urgent police assistance, dial 999.
What would you like to do?
- I have a general enquiry - if you can’t find the information you’re looking for on our website.
- I’d like to thank the Met - if you’d like to thank one or more officers or staff
- I’d like to make a complaint - if you’d like to complain about one or more of our officers or staff
If you'd rather not send us information online
You can write to us:
New Scotland Yard
Empress State Building
Or you can call us:
- Always dial 999 in an emergency.
- For non-urgent telephone enquiries call 101.
Calls to and from the Met may be recorded for policing purposes.